Yesterday I found lots of strawberries in my freezer so I decided to do what my family loves the most. Here’s a recipe for the strawberry tart that I do almost every week in the summer. You can use any fruit that your heart desire or just use a mix of them.
My summer tart is made of sponge cake, vanilla cream or pudding, whipped cream, fruit and chocolate.
What will you need?
1 – For sponge cake:
- 4 eggs
- 14dag sugar
- vanilla sugar
- 15dag flour
- 1/2 baking powder
- 3-4 spoons of water
Mix it together and bake at 180 degrees around 20 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if it’s done. It doesn’t matter what shape you make. There are many shapes to choose from.
2 – For vanilla cream:
- 3dl milk
- 25g sugar
- 50g flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 45g sugar
- 1dl water (you can add a bit more)
- 2 vanilla sugars + Rum
- 2 egg white
- 45g sugar
Ingredients are in 3 parts because you prepare it separately. If you don’t have time to do this or don’t want to, use vanilla pudding instead.
- Use a large pot and boil 3dl of milk with 25g sugar on the stove.
- Mix water, flour, yolks, vanilla sugar and a bit of rum and pour it in cooked milk. Whisk it for about 5 minutes until the cream is dense (thick).
- Between doing this you can also whisk egg whites and sugar into not so hard whipped egg white.
- Pour the cooked cream into a large bowl, add whipped egg white and gently mix.
- After doing this I advise you to put foil (transparent one) on top of it until it cools.
When the cream is cool, put it on top of sponge cake. If you want you can put strawberries (or raspberries, blueberries …) on top of the cream.
Then add whipping cream and in the end fruit. It’s really good if there’s melted chocolate on top – not everywhere but just sprinkle it over.
Summer tart is really tasteful and I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we did.